“As a non-profit organization, many projects at beautiful Williamsburg Landing have come to fruition through generous gifts of time, talent and treasure from residents, family members, board members and the wider Williamsburg community,” says Sally P. Wolfe, Senior Director of Development at Williamsburg Landing in Williamsburg, Va.
“From walking paths to our Woodhaven healthcare rooms, there are many ways for your gift to make a difference, providing the very best in continuing care and purposeful living today and also for generations to come.
“Tax-deductible, charitable gifts can be made during your lifetime or through your estate. There are so many ways to give and make a difference – either now or in the future.”
Popular Charitable Giving Options
- Bequests – Bequests are the most popular way that friends of Williamsburg Landing have left legacies. A bequest may be large or small, restricted or unrestricted, according to the donor’s wishes. Often a bequest may provide tax benefits, too.
- Checks and Stocks – You can make a tax-deductible gift to Williamsburg Landing, Inc. for any purpose by these means. Gifts of appreciated stock will be free of capital gains.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – CGAs permits the donor to give a gift to Williamsburg Landing while receiving a generous rate of return (as high as 9%) and getting a substantial tax deduction.(View our Gift Calculator to see how a charitable gift annuity might work for you.)
- Real Estate – An outright gift of real estate will provide you with a tax deduction for a charitable contribution and may enable you to realize savings on the capital gains tax on the amount of appreciation.
- Life Insurance – You may make Williamsburg Landing the beneficiary of your life insurance policy or donate a policy on which you have paid some premiums. You would then claim an income tax deduction on the present value of the policy at the time of the donation.
- Qualified Retirement Plan Assets – Retirement plans, such as an IRA, a Keogh plan, a section 401(k) plan or a stock bonus plan may be subject to both income and estate taxes at the time of the owner’s death. Naming Williamsburg Landing as the beneficiary of all or part of a retirement plan provides a way to manage tax planning and help Williamsburg Landing residents.
- Other Personal Property – Automobiles, woodworking equipment, computers, gently used clothing or household items may be donated and may qualify for a tax deduction if Williamsburg Landing can use the items.
- Assignment of Entrance Fee – The entrance fee you paid can be assigned to Williamsburg Landing, a gift that is accompanied by a corresponding current-year tax deduction.
A Legacy of Caring for Others ... Thanks to People Like You
Our valued donors have provided significant support for our Benevolence Fund and many other initiatives. These gifts help make Williamsburg Landing the special community it is.
Some examples of our donors’ generosity include:
- Campus Beautification Gifts to purchaseflowers and bulbs, gazebos, garden benches, walking trails, landscaping projects and a new Landscape Services building.
- Benevolence Endowments that enable lifelong care for Williamsburg Landing residents. No resident has ever been asked to leave because an illness or a long life depleted the resources meant to see him or her through.
- Special Gifts and Legacies have madeseveral projects at Williamsburg Landing possible, including eleven named Woodhaven rooms, the Boatwright Chapel and the cupola in the lobby of the health club and spa.
Adds Sally, “Our Charitable Gift Calculator provides you with a variety of gifting options as well as a simple format to make your charitable giving easy and convenient.
“Additionally, our Philanthropy Resources page provides all the details you and your financial advisor will need, plus useful informational sources such as the American Council on Gift Annuities.
“There are many opportunities to contribute today and make a wonderful difference in so many lives – including your own.”
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
You can Donate Now or call Sally Wolfe at 757-253-9677if you would like to learn more or take a tour of Williamsburg Landing.
Welcome to Williamsburg Landing
Looking for a vibrant, engaging and fulfilling way of life? If so, you’ll find it at Williamsburg Landing.
Nestled on 137 wooded acres along the serene banks of College Creek in Williamsburg, Va., Williamsburg Landing is the premier, not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) serving Williamsburg and its surrounding areas since 1985. With one visit, you’ll understand what makes Williamsburg Landing so special.
Williamsburg Landing is an ideal blend of beautiful landscaping and elegant, Colonial architecture. It invites residents to become part of its vibrant, active lifestyle and rest-assured in its award-winning medical care. It eases worries with maintenance-free homes and apartments with resort-style amenities and services. The community thrives with energetic, involved and friendly people who love to live here and the warmth of dedicated, committed professionals who love to work here.
With a past rich in tradition and a future filled with promise, Williamsburg Landing is the perfect place to call home – for today and tomorrow.