Today, senior living is a far cry from its image of years past. Now, senior living communities can have the look and feel of lush resorts and offer a variety of lifestyle amenities, services and conveniences that provide a perfect balance of relaxation and stimulating activities.
In fact, an increasing number of Americans who are nearing retirement or have already retired are considering the active, worry-free lifestyle that senior living offers. And many have decided that the time is now.
Isn’t It Time for the Lifestyle You Deserve?
Kathy Kammer, Senior Director of Community Relations at Williamsburg Landing in Williamsburg, Virginia, says, “If you are tired of spending your free time on the challenges of an oversized home with unused space, ongoing repairs and upkeep, lawn care and snow removal, senior living offers an opportunity for personal freedom and a better way of living your well-earned retirement years.
“For many healthy, active, retirement-age individuals, modern independent living is the ideal first step. A leading senior living community such as Williamsburg Landing enables you to live your retirement dreams by your own design – surrounded by endless opportunities for life enrichment, a carefree lifestyle and fun-filled days.
“Whether you choose a maintenance-free, beautifully crafted home or a luxury apartment that best suits your needs, the benefits of independent senior living are many and clearly worth your time to discover and explore.”
The Many Advantages of Contemporary Senior Living
“Five Benefits of Independent Living” and several other retirement living articles highlight the many benefits of independent living communities.Today, independent living is about making your life easier and providing greater freedom – not about giving up your independence. Residents of independent living communities enjoy maintenance-free, vibrant lifestyles for an exceptional value.
- Freedom from home maintenance and repair, which becomes more attractive during our retirement years.
- Social activities and connections, which are vital to long-term personal well-being and become even more so as we leave our full-time careers.
- Restaurant-style dining options and delicious, nutritious foods. Enjoying delicious food is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Customized nutritional plans are created focusing on personal tastes and needs.
- Recreational activities including exercise programs, games, social gatherings and planned outings. Many independent living communities employ trained activity directors.
- Wellness programs enable residents to participate in a variety of programs designed to boost physical and emotional health and well-being.
- Mental stimulation is readily available. Speakers, classes and seminars are scheduled, as well as trips to various events.
- Transportation is typically available for shopping trips, cultural events and medical needs.
- Professional services including prescription services, housekeeping and laundry service, beauty salons and visiting medical personnel are available.
- Privacy or social interaction is up to you depending on your mood or preference. You determine how much or how little you do each day.
The Best in Retirement Living … for Today and Tomorrow
Adds Ms. Kammer, “In addition to a vibrant independent living environment to enjoy today, Williamsburg Landing also has the advantage of providing a variety of living options and healthcare services for the future.
“Imagine moving to a community with the confidence of knowing that whatever the future holds, you’ll never have to leave home. As a full-service, accredited Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), Williamsburg Landing not only offers the exceptional lifestyle you want today, but also the promise of peace of mind for tomorrow. With multi-level care provided right here on our beautiful campus, you’ll never have to change your address as your health needs change over time.”
Welcome to Williamsburg Landing
Looking for a vibrant, engaging and fulfilling way of life? If so, you’ll find it at Williamsburg Landing.
Nestled on 137 wooded acres along the serene banks of College Creek in Williamsburg, Va., Williamsburg Landing is the premier, not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) serving Williamsburg and its surrounding areas since 1985. With one visit, you’ll understand what makes Williamsburg Landing so special.
Williamsburg Landing is an ideal blend of beautiful landscaping and elegant, Colonial architecture. It invites residents to become part of its vibrant, active lifestyle and rest-assured in its award-winning medical care. It eases worries with maintenance-free homes and apartments with resort-style amenities and services. The community thrives with energetic, involved and friendly people who love to live here and the warmth of dedicated, committed professionals who love to work here.
With a past rich in tradition and a future filled with promise, Williamsburg Landing is the perfect place to call home – for today and tomorrow.