Once you have decided that Williamsburg Landing offers the lifestyle, security, services and amenities that you envision for your retirement, we will guide you on your journey to a worry-free lifestyle.
Residency at Williamsburg Landing is limited to individuals suitable for independent living who are at least 62 years of age.
1. Future Residency Application. Individuals interested in Independent Living at Williamsburg Landing, who are unsure of when they might want to become a resident, are invited to sign the Future Residency Application.
2. Future Residency Deposit. Once you make a deposit of $1,000 then you are placed on the Future Residency List. This deposit may be applied to the Ready Status Deposit at a later date. All deposits are fully refundable. An exception to the fully refundable deposit exits if one commits to a home and then does not complete the settlement.
3. Future Residents Benefits. Future residents will receive benefits that include a significantly reduced rate to the health club & spa, as well as updates of happenings and special events at Williamsburg Landing.
4. Ready Status List. If you have selected your home of choice or would like a confirmed place on our waitlist, it is time to make your $10,000, deposit to ensure your priority access to admission to Williamsburg Landing.
5. Availability of Residence. When a residence of your choice is projected to become available, you will be contacted by the marketing office.
6. Active Admission Process. Upon accepting a residence you will pay a separate $1,000 per person “Admission Processing Fee.” Additional financial and medical forms will be completed at this time. If you do not qualify to come to the Landing, your fee is refundable.
7. Medical Review. Upon receipt of all completed financial and medical forms, you will meet with our medical director. Applying for residency at Williamsburg Landing includes a medical review. The purpose of the review is to assist Williamsburg Landing with its evaluation of the applicant’s ability to function at a safe and appropriate level necessary for independent living.
8. Admissions Application Review. Once all applications have been reviewed, the medical appointment completed and a financial review conducted, you will be contacted to complete the selection list (limited customization options) and then a settlement date will be confirmed.
9. Monthly Fee Schedule. Consistent with most not-for-profit retirement communities, Williamsburg Landing residents pay an Entrance Fee and Monthly Service Fees based on the type of residence they select.
CCRC Tax Benefit
The IRS allows certain medical deductions for those residents itemizing their deductions from gross income. A portion of the Monthly Service Fee independent living residents pay qualifies as a medical expense deduction with certain caveats.
Residents are notified each year by the Business Office regarding what portion of their Monthly Service Fee may be counted as a medical expense. We recommend that you consult with your personal tax advisor and legal counsel for advice to determine whether and how to report any part or the entire amount provided on your income tax return.
Williamsburg Landing offers four Entrance Fee refund plans: a 90% refundable, a 70% refundable, a 50% refundable and a 0% refundable plan.
2023 Independent Living Fee Schedule
2023 Assisted Living, Memory Support, Long-Term Care and Skilled Care Fee Schedule
Monthly Service Fees:
Monthly Service Fees vary by the type of residence and include the following (unless otherwise noted):
One meal per resident, per day (other options available)
Declining balance meal plan
Security service 24 hours/7 days a week
Emergency response system
Building and grounds maintenance
Activities and events program
Housekeeping services (every other week)
Standard video cable service (limited and expanded service)
Health club and spa membership
Use of all outdoor recreation amenities including walking trails, tennis court, and swimming pool
10 days annually, non-cumulative, in our accredited skilled nursing center*
Use of all campus activity areas, to include: libraries, crafts room, woodworking shop, card and billiards areas, meeting rooms and computer center
Pest control services
*Subject to conditions and approval